MorphoTrust Veterans Outreach Council
Inspire and enable MorphoTrust employees to be community-minded and work in partnership with Veterans organizations and initiatives.
- Become an internal marketing and recognition arm for all MorphoTrust Veterans Volunteer Initiatives
- Educate employees about opportunities available to volunteer/participate
- Assemble material for our company newsletters, internal “All Hands” meetings, and other communication efforts
Strategy & Organization
- Become more structured and disciplined about how we participate in the community
- Develop an easy process for employees to submit Veteran volunteer event ideas for consideration
- Create a feedback mechanism for what events worked and what didn’t
- Elect employees to maintain our relationships with organizations in the community
Empowering MorphoTrust Employees to be Community-Minded
MorphoTrust is pleased to have established a Volunteer Time Off (VTO) policy. This program allows for all benefit-eligible employees to be paid for up to eight hours per calendar year for work performed on behalf of 501(c)(3) charitable organizations.
In keeping with our MorphoTrust Values and being Community-Minded, we encourage our employees to take part in this new program.
History of the Council
As a U.S. based company, and one with the mission to “Simplify, Protect and Secure the lives of the American people”, it comes naturally for us to support our Veterans. Over the years we have strived to give back to the Veteran community, whether it be in the form of donations, onsite Veterans event support, or hiring Veterans, so to aid in our efforts it was suggested by an employee in October of 2014 that we should take it to the next step and form a MorphoTrust Veterans Outreach Council. Within only a few months the mission, goals, Board of Directors and Advisory Team were all established, and the Council became official in Q1 of 2015.